Dr. Ravi Somayazula is happy to evaluate you at Body By Ravi Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics to determine if you would be a good candidate for the surgery of your choice, along with possible submission for insurance coverage. Please keep in mind that every insurance company is different and has various policies in place regarding coverage.
Steps to take if you’re interested in submitting a surgical procedure to your insurance plan:
- It is best to check with your insurance company to make sure the procedures of interest are not exclusions from your health insurance plan.
- Know your benefits, such as office co-pays, co-insurances, deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses.
- For some procedures your insurance company will ask for a Letter of Medical Necessity that is to be provided by your primary care physician.
- For some procedures your insurance company will ask for mammogram results within one year.
- Decide on the plastic surgeon you best feel should perform your surgery. Insurance companies will be able to determine if you are doctor shopping and potentially deny the procedure.
- Call our office at 281-242-1061 to schedule your consultation to meet with Dr. Ravi.
- If you are determined to be a good candidate for surgery, as a courtesy to you, our office will submit a Letter of Pre-Determination to your insurance company depending on if the procedure requires this step.
- Once approved, you will have a pre-operative visit and schedule your surgery.